CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Apparitions of Jesus or Mary
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th March 2008, 10:19 AM

Default Commentary on Monthly Message for March 25th

Medjugorje Message of March 25, 2008

Dear children! I call you to work on your personal conversion. You are still far from meeting with God in your heart. Therefore, spend all the more time in prayer and Adoration of Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament of the Altar, for Him to change you and to put into your hearts a living faith and a desire for eternal life. Everything is passing, little children, only God is not passing. I am with you and I encourage you with love. Thank you for having responded to my call.

Sometimes this is easier said than done, with regards to Adoration of Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament of the Altar, since my local church only has this on the first Friday night of every month. My wife goes along to it, but I have to stay at home babysitting my young son, which restricts me from making these kind of spiritual exercises.
However those who are single and don't have family commitments, this is very good advice that Our Lady is calling for us to do, to grow in holiness.

"Everything is passing",
I would like end on a quote; the advice given by a Carmelite nun, a Jewish convert to Catholicism, Sr Mary Roman, to a perspective man that wanted to become a monk.
"There is onlly one thing I would suggest, and it is this, Keep a sense of proportion, Don't overreact. See things in perspective. You will come to realise that very few things in life are worth getting disturbed over. If you maintain a sense of perspective then you will grow in wisdom, depth and holiness of life"
Essentially she was following the advice of St Teresa of Avila, "Let nothing disturb you, Everything is passing away. Only God is changeless. and God alone suffices".

On that passing note, I will leave you all to reflect on.

Paul